Syzygy

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Junior's NYC

I frequently tell people that it's a good thing I don't have a TV/cable, because if I did, I would watch food network all day long and get even less work done than normal. (sounds impossible, right?)

Anyway, back at home, where we do have cable, I watched a bunch of Throwdown! with Bobby Flay, which is an interesting show with really silly intro bits. One of the places mentioned happened to be Junior's, a NYC-only chain that specializes in cheesecake. Obviously, I had to try it when I was in NYC over winter break.

As a big chocolate fan, I had to get the Devil's Food Cheesecake, of course. You can get these whole or by the slice. It looks like you can even order online from the website and have it shipped (2-day shipping is the default). Anyway, this is what we got:



It was a lot "taller" than I expected. It was a very filling slice, as only a few bites of the chocolate and cheesecake parts were enough to fill me up. The texture seemed overly resistant to me (unlike say, a warm, fresh-out-of-the-oven cheesecake or chocolate cake), possibly due to the cold weather or it being just taken out of the fridge. I suspect the texture would improve if you let it sit for a while. Anyway, I am interested in trying Junior's again the next time I'm in town, as the flavors were excellent. Somehow, the texture just didn't do it for me this time.

BTW, we went to the Times Square restaurant; there's also one in Grand Central Station and one in Brooklyn.

Junior's
(Times Square)
West 45th (between Broadway & 8th Avenue)
212.302.2000

(Brooklyn)
386 Flatbush Avenue Extension at Dekalb Avenue
718.852.5257

(Grand Central Station)
Main Concourse near Track 36
212.692.9800

Lower Level Dining Concourse
212.983.5257

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home