Syzygy

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Streamlining the workflow

Yes, TexShop's keyboard-command typesetting is nice, but I couldn't figure out a way to get it to run through the whole 4-step process (latex/bibtex/latex/latex) for making a file with cited references with one keystroke.

Lyx will do the whole compilation in one command, but its interface doesn't allow me to edit just the latex code, instead forcing me to use some weird WYSIWYM viewing mode.

Luckily, I found some scripts that will integrate MacTex and TextWrangler.

I still needed a single keystroke full-compile-and-view command though, so I glued the "Full document compilation" and "Show result" scripts together and assigned it a keyboard shortcut (Window->Palettes->Scripts->Set Key...).

I also needed to edit the shell script to use Preview instead of Skim. Maybe this means I should play around with Skim a bit?

Anyway, this now allows me to select a bunch (or all) of references in Papers, export to bibtex, and cite them easily (assuming that the metadata in Papers is correct).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home