Syzygy

Friday, February 1, 2008

Oriental East

Somehow, I made it all the way to February and still have quite a few posts I need to make regarding East-coast food. Luckily, it looks like I might have some free time this weekend to churn this stuff out.

We used to go to Oriental East a lot when I was younger and we went to church in Silver Spring. I'm not quite sure what the correlation is between going to church in the area nearby since you can't really time dim-sum to be before or after church when there is lunch service and then Chinese school in the afternoon, but whatever.

The main problem with this place is the horrible parking, there's a tiny lot right in front where people triple park and block you in, so usually it's better to go to the side lot if there is space there.

Anyway, this place apparently does a lot of business, so one would expect the food to be quite delicious. As it turned out, I felt kinda queasy afterwards; I think the amount of grease combined with just arriving after a red-eye flight got to me. Either way, the food was not bad: overall, it was above average, I just felt like there was a whole lot of grease to it.












































Oriental East Restaurant
1312 East-West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910
(301) 608-0030

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home