Syzygy

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Digital Distribution

It seems to me that Netflix streaming and Hulu are pretty much the main players now, having large libraries that are either free (Hulu) or free with associated subscription (Netflix). Compare to iTunes, where you can purchase (or maybe rent?) individual movies/TV episodes. Unfortunately for me, I prefer physical copies for my media - much easier to lend to other people. (While I buy some games on Steam, it's a bit more of a hassle for sharing my account info. Plus, who still shares computer games?)

Anyway, the point of this post was to note how "unique" indie films pop up on Netflix. The last time this happened, I ended up with Primer. My feelings about that are probably best summarized by the relevant XKCD strip (http://xkcd.com/657/)...

But recently, I stumbled across Ink (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1071804/), which is rather amazing for multiple reasons:

- visual atmosphere
- great soundtrack
- ontological paradox

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home